Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, And attend to your herds; For riches are not forever, Nor does a crown endure to all generations. When the hay is removed, and the tender grass shows itself, and the herds of the mountains are gathered in, The lambs will provide your clothing, And the goats the price of a field; You shall have enough goat's milk for your food, For the food of your household, And the nourishment of your maidservants. Prov. 27:23-27

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Holidays!

Are you guys all enjoying your Christmas Holidays so far? I am! It's been a busy week but a lot of fun too, for myself at least.
Monday we stayed home and had a fancy dinner with just our immediate family. Everyone got a stocking with stuff like chocolate, candy, gloves, dinky cars (for the twins) and that kind of stuff inside. Then we watched "Eight Below" and "AirBud-VollyBall". My siblings liked them but I am not much of a movie person so I never know what to think of a movie when I watch one.
Tuesday we visseted some friends of our who live close by. We meant to stay for coffee in the morning and lunch. But...we ended up staying for all of the afternoon and much of the evening. Anyway, as you will have guessed, we had lots and lots of fun.
Wednesday Dad had to work again. Mom and I worked on hanging pictures on the walls. Most of this job hadn't been done since we moved. Now that it's done, it helps to make this house feel more like home. The wall paper boarders do too. Mom, Becca, and I, put up some of the boarders on Thursday. I love my bedroom the way it is now. Maybe I'll post some pics, if this comp. will let me.
Friday, Mom turned 40!!! We had a small party for her yesterday afternoon. Some of Mom's family and some of Dad's came. It was great. I took tons of pics of uncles, aunts, cousins and everybody. I might post a few later.
And today, has mostly been a day for relaxing. I took some 4wheeler rides and drives with the younger kids. For a few minutes I had to sit on it with Andrew and teach him how to drive. He kept on wanting to go faster than I thought he should go. That's the way it goes with a darring 7 year old and his safety-cautious big sister. Now I'm busy making olie bolen, which I can't wait to taste.
So that's been my week. On New Years day we have one more "fun" day and then it's back to school.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Karen thanks for the update. I check your blog to see the on goings of your family. I would love to see pictures of your new home! Wish your mom a happy birthday for me!! Have a blessed new year too. :)

~Marie~ said...

Hey Karen, Sound like you're having fun! We're enjoying the break from school too. My Mom made olie bolen yesterday too. She made a double recipe which is like 20 cups of flour!! It took her four hours to deep-fry them all!! lots of fun!!

~Marie~ said...

Hey Karen, Sound like you're having fun! We're enjoying the break from school too. My Mom made olie bolen yesterday too. She made a double recipe which is like 20 cups of flour!! It took her four hours to deep-fry them all!! lots of fun!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Mrs.V and Marie, Happy New Year to you guys too. We're almost done eating all our ollie bollies, good stuff!

Some Country Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones